- A New Direction
- Children And Families
- Irish Post Offices
- Irish Water
- Consumer Protection
- Economic Justice
- The Economy and Jobs
- Energy Independence
- The Environment
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Foreclosure Crisis
- Greening the Capitol
- Oil And Gas Recovery
- Health Care
- Human Rights
- The Unborn
- Animal Welfare
- Innovation Agenda
- Peace and Neutrality
- Seanad Reform
- Real Security
- Retirement Security
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Culture and Heritage
Life Equality - Protect All Human Life
- “The State acknowledges the right to life of the unborn and, with due regard to the equal right to life of the mother, guarantees in its laws to respect, and, as far as practicable, by its laws to defend and vindicate that right”. - 8th Amendment to the Irish Constitution.
- The 8th Amendment to the Irish Constitution speaks very clearly about the threat that abortion represents to personal Sovereignty. What can be more unjust than the taking of a child’s life before they ever take their first breath? We cannot defend a person’s right to liberty if we will not defend a child’s right to live. That is why I stand firmly in support of Ireland’s Pro-Life policies.
- It is estimated that over 100,000 babies’ lives have been saved by Ireland’s ban on abortion over the last 20 years. That represents 14 children every day who are enjoying the gifts of life, including a chance to love with their families, learn with their peers, and grow up to start a family of their own. Meanwhile, in neighboring England, 1 in 5 pregnancies are terminated through abortive practices. 90% of Downs Syndrome children in England are killed in the womb.
- I understand that there are many difficult circumstances that may make abortion seem like an attractive option. In every instance, we have opportunities to help mothers in need find an avenue for caring for her needs and the needs of her children that avoid a choice that can never be undone.
- Our values are reflected in how we treat our children. United States Congressman Ron Paul stated “that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end”. Indeed, we prove that we are a civilized nation when we protect all of our children, born and unborn. In this way, we defend democracy and liberty for all the residents of Ireland. I am proud to stand for Sovereignty and for Life.
Paul Clarke, Independent
This is How Babies Are Aborted
In light of the Planned Parenthood scandal, Oregon Right to Life has released a revealing new video which explains the myriad of different gruesome ways in which babies are aborted.
While millions of Americans support abortion, the vast majority are unaware of the details of how the procedure is carried out. Some even think that babies are aborted in the same way that pets are euthanized – with little or no pain whatsoever.
The reality is infinitely more disturbing. Listed below are the different methods of abortion, as demonstrated in the video above by using lifelike scientific models and actual abortion instruments.
– Partial Birth Abortion
Although currently outlawed, President Obama has expressed his desire to re-legalize the procedure under certain circumstances.
The doctor forces the woman’s cervix open prematurely, increasing the risk of premature birth by 36%. The abortionist turns the baby around so it is no longer head down, but head up. The baby is delivered so that just the head is left inside the mother’s body.
The abortionist then uses medical forceps to stab the baby in the back of its head, opening up a wound to make a hole, before using a vacuum tube to suck out the baby’s brain. He then crushes the baby’s head and delivers the dead baby.
If the abortionist performed the exact same procedure with the head outside the mother’s body, he would be guilty of homicide.
– Induction Abortion
The abortionist uses a 10 inch long needle to stab the baby in its heart before injecting Digoxin, causing a massive heart attack. The terrified baby feels the full force of the pain as anesthesia is not administered. Two or three days later the dead baby is delivered.
– Dilation and Evacuation
The abortionist artificially opens the mother’s cervix before reaching inside the uterus with a pair of medical forceps. The abortionist then grabs pieces of the baby with the forceps and rips the body limb from limb, pulling the pieces out one by one. This is a dangerous procedure because the doctor can accidentally grab a part of the woman’s bowel, causing internal rupturing.
A nurse then re-assembles the body to make sure no parts are left inside which could cause a dangerous infection.
– Dilation and Curettage
The abortionist uses a curette, a cross between a steak knife and a spoon, inserting it inside the mother’s body, before carving the baby into pieces and then using the spoon to scoop out the remains.
– Vacuum Aspiration
The abortionist simply uses a strong vacuum tube to suck out the entire baby, the placenta and the contents of the womb before the baby’s body is disposed of down a sink or as medical waste.
– Chemical Abortions
The mother takes a two part drug cocktail. The first drug blocks hormones, essentially telling the mother’s brain that she isn’t pregnant. Nutrients and support are then automatically cut off to the baby and it starves to death.
Two days later, the mother takes a second labor inducing drug which painfully flushes the dead baby out of her body. Although this method is used for early stage pregnancies, some women have reported seeing recognizable features of their baby in the toilet after it has been flushed out.
Planned Parenthood has described opponents of these abortion procedures as “extremists.” Personally speaking, if being against sticking knives in the back of babies’ heads and sucking out their brains makes me an extremist – then I’m proud to be an extremist.
On the flip side, Planned Parenthood employees who push around pieces of dead babies in petri dishes while laughing and cracking jokes about the body being “war torn,” are “trendy” and “liberal”.
Watch the video above and decide whether you’re an “extremist” or not.
Help And Support Services
Life Pregnancy Care Ireland Ltd was established in 1981 and is a non-denominational, non-advocacy organisation registered for charitable purposes. We provide help and support to people facing an unplanned pregnancy, post-pregnancy and post-abortion. Our support includes homeless accommodation, parenting and pre-natal classes and a counselling service. Our ethos is based on one simple principle:
Life Pregnancy Care Ireland provides support for anyone, including fathers and other family members experiencing problems during and after pregnancy. Life is committed to providing a confidential and professional service of counselling, care and practical help for those who come to us.
> Free Pregnancy Testing
> Crisis Pregnancy Counselling
> Counselling After Abortion
> Accommodation During Pregnancy
> Information On Entitlements
> Parenting Courses
> Information And Support With Adoption Services
> Support To Fathers And Family Members
> Post Pregnancy Support
> Information On Welfare Benefits
Life is here to help you consider all your options. You can contact us by telephone, by email, by text, on-line or by calling into any of our care centres. Our charity has 3 drop in counselling centres throughout Ireland where you can speak with one of our qualified counsellors. These centres are located in:
On 11th March, 2015, several thousand pro-life people came together in Dublin to call out the media over its bias on abortion. The evening event outside the Dáil was the first of its kind in Ireland. Media bias in favour of abortion is now so entrenched that the time for tiptoeing around the issue is over. Some journalists seem a little puzzled that for once we are asking the questions not them. But media balance is a basic feature of a healthy democracy. Without it a small clique of journalists end up wielding excessive power and setting the political agenda. The huge turnout at the recent event challenging media bias represents a small but significant step in the right direction. Finally, media groupthink is being exposed. Take a moment to watch the video of the night below and get involved!
As Lia Mills said:
"Every day a hundred and fifteen thousand children are dying through abortion. That means that five thousand children would die every hour. All those lives...gone. All that potential... gone. And all that hope in the future... done.
The word "fetus" come from the Latin word meaning "young one" or "young child". Some babies are born after only five months. Is this baby not human?
If an action is unjust, it needs to be illegal, and it has to be our business. And this particular law has a huge impact on our society."
Scientific case: "The facts of science are clear: From the earliest stages of development, the unborn are distinct, living, and whole human beings. Therefore, every "successful" abortion ends the life of a living human being." Click here to read more.
A man from Vietnam is on an incredible solo mission to cut the countrys abortion rate, one of the highest in the world. Tong Phuoc Phuc has opened his home as a refuge for abandoned babies and looks after more than 50. He has pledged to care for unwanted children rather than see women terminate their pregnancies.